On behalf of a confidential client, Callaghan Engineering have designed, installed and commissioned a 110 kV contestable substation for a large data centre site. CE’s responsibilities included:
- Design of the 110 kV A.I.S. substation to cater for an existing data centre and with provision for future data centre expansion.
- Application submission to Eirgrid for tie-in to existing 110 kV overhead network in adjacent site.
- Full design including short circuit study and protective device coordination report.
- Design and specification of interconnecting underground 110kV cable and routing.
- Earth fault analysis and subsequent earthing design to cater for step & touch voltage protection.