Callaghan Engineering was appointed as MEP designers for the S120 data hall by Digital Realty, a data centre services provider. The hall was the second data hall in DUB 13, a purpose built datacentre in Profile Park, Co. Dublin. Callaghan Engineering provided the full Mechanical and Electrical design, site assistance, commissioning and IST attendance for the project. The hall was handed over to the client on time and within budget.
Callaghan Engineering have subsequently been appointed as the MEP designer for DUB 14. This project includes the Mechanical and Electrical design for the infrastructure, shell and core plus the fit out of the two 3MW data halls from concept design through to IST and handover. This project is currently underway.
CE are involved in the design of the following systems:
- MV and LV power distribution
- Main and sub -distribution boards and panels
- UPS and Generator backup
- Lighting, small power, fire alarm, security and access control systems
- Indirect adiabatic cooling of data halls
- Free cooling of electrical and battery rooms
- Humidifier water storage, treatment and distribution
- Diesel storage and distribution
- Fire Protection
- Offices M&E design