Senior Mechanical Engineer -
Callaghan | RED is a leading Irish multi-discipline Engineering & Project Management Company with offices in Dublin close to DART/Luas stations and in Cork at the Airport Business Park.
Established 30 years ago, the company provides services to clients in the Industrial, Government Agency, Educational and Tourism & Leisure sectors.
During this period, it has established a blue-chip listing of clients which the company continues to serve. Multiple projects have been successfully completed in the High Technology Biopharma, Medical Devices, Process and Data Centre sectors along with significant investments in the Educational, Government Agency and Tourism & Leisure areas.
We are seeking a fully experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Cork office.
You will have the ability to run multiple concurrent medium-sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on a range of sector projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in a similar role who is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests and reports on existing Mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Carrying out technical review of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BEng, MSc or have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE /MIET or HNC/HND with appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Previous experience working for an MEP contractor would be advantageous
- Good site based experience with a practical background preferred
- Sound knowledge of CDM Regulations and production of Designers Risk Assessments
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT and ability to mark up drawings using Bluebeam software or equivalent PDF editor.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload whilst working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
*The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the EU without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.