RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced Principal Engineer to be based in our Dublin office. You will have experience in the delivery of European data centres and mission-critical projects, along with other sector experience including process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable.
- Responsible for the running of large projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (Several building types)
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests, carries out dilapidation reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BSc/BEng or degree in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND plus appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK Regulations/Codes
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Presentation skills
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK/EU nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com