Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking a Mechanical Piping Designer.
- Position: Piping Designer
- Requirement: Immediate
- Date: 29th June 2020
- Location: Dublin or Cork, option to work remotely.
- Job type: Permanent or contract
- Salary: Negotiable
- Key benefits: Flexitime, Time in Lieu, incentive packages
- Minimum experience required: 5 Years
- Qualifications: Diploma and/or relevant experience
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. With offices in Dublin and Cork, the firm offers numerous benefits including flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be a trained piping designer with over 5 years of process plant design experience in a consulting engineering office or project engineering office in a process manufacturing facility.
Candidates must possess good technical and drawing skills, and have proficiency in current AutoCAD/AutoCAD Plant 3D versions and ideally BIM/REVIT. Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic, have the ability to work on their own initiative, meet deadlines and be able to liaise successfully with project/process engineers as well as engineers/designers in other disciplines.
Reporting directly to the Director of Process & Project Engineering, the successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects in the pharmaceutical, food & beverages, medical devices and biotechnology industries.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking site surveys, locating tie-in’s etc.
- Preparation of PFD’s, P&ID’s , Isometrics, equipment and piping GA’s.
- Liaise with other departments within Callaghan Engineering.
- Preparing piping specifications.
- Responding to RFI’s.
- Drawing Issue control.
- Preparing piping MTO’s and cost estimates.
- Preparing piping scope of works documents.
- Liaising with contractors on site and resolve any issues.
- Providing design support to clients/contractors.
- Attend site meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Be fully proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years’ experience with AutoDesk design & 3D modelling tools (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Revit, Autodesk P&ID or similar).
A highly competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications. Applications are required before 5pm Friday, 24th July 2020 and will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Tags: Piping, Process, Piping Design.
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.