Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Dublin office.
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Date: 17th February 2020
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime, Time in Lieu, incentive packages
Minimum experience required: 5 Years
Qualifications: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in central Dublin, the firm offers numerous benefits including flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be a graduate engineer having over 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering or project engineering role and should be working towards Chartered Engineer status. Experience in the design of industrial, commercial and educational projects would be beneficial as would an understanding of electrical services. The candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD and experience in BIM/Revit would be a distinct advantage.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the ability to work on their own initiative to meet deadlines and be able to liaise successfully with clients. Candidates must also possess an innate aptitude for mechanical and building services engineering design techniques. Knowledge of steam /condensate, LPHW, chilled water and heat recovery systems/BMS would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be involved on multiple projects in the data centre, commercial, educational, biopharmaceutical, medical devices, waste treatment and food and drink sectors.
The successful candidate with report directly to the Director of Projects and Mechanical Engineering.
Duties will include:
- Preparing technical reports and front end studies including capital cost estimates
- Performing design and calculations
- Generation of schematics and specifications
- Preparation and maintaining project indices
- Preparing technical specifications and inquiry packages to vendors
- Technical and commercial bid analysis of vendor bids
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues
- Providing support to clients
- Site walkdown of plant installations
- Specific site assignment work
- Commissioning and qualification of HVAC systems.
Applications are required by Friday 6th March 2020 and will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: hr[at]calleng.ie
Tags: Mechanical, Building Services, HVAC, Dublin
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.