Callaghan Engineering currently has a vacancy for an Electrical Engineer in our Cork office
- Location: Cork
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date: 17 June 2020
- Requirement: Immediate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Key Benefits: Parking, flexitime, CPD Training
- Minimum Experience Required: 3 Years
- Qualifications: Diploma/Degree + relevant experience
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in Cork Airport Business Park, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be an Electrical Engineer with 3+ years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients. Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD, Word, Excel, and must be familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech or Easypower or PTW etc. Experience with BIM/Revit systems is essential.
The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors. The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career. It is imperative that the successful candidate be fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations) especially with regard to life safety systems.
Duties will include:
- Lighting design using Dialux
- LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, switch fuse sizing, overload settings etc.
- LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients/electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
Applications are required by Friday, 21st March 2020 & will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail CV & a brief covering letter to: hr[at]calleng.ie
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.