Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking an Electrical/Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer for our Dublin office.
Position: Electrical/Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
Date Posted: 10th June 2019
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime
Minimum experience required: 5 Years
Qualifications: Diploma/Degree or equivalent
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in central Dublin close to DART / Luas / Rail stations, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be an Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer with over 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients. Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD, Word, Excel, and must be familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech or Easypower or PTW etc.
Experience with BIM/Revit systems would be beneficial. The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors. The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career.
It is imperative that the successful candidate be fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations).
Duties will include:
- Specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation
- Designing of control systems in the process and building services industries
- Lighting design using Dialux
- LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, switch fuse sizing, overload settings etc.
- LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients / electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Tags: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control systems, I&C engineer
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.