Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Controls Department.
Position: Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
Date Posted: 4th December 2020
Location: Dublin/Some travel may be involved
Job type: Permanent
Key benefits: Flexitime, Parking, CPD Training
Minimum experience required: 5 Years
Qualifications: Diploma/Degree (Level 8) or equivalent
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in central Dublin close to DART / Luas / Rail stations, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be an Instrumentation & Controls Systems Engineer with over 5 years experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
The successful candidate will have a relevant level 8 I&C qualification and will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients.
Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD and Microsoft Office. Experience with BIM/Revit systems would be beneficial. The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors.
The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career. It is imperative that the successful candidate be fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations).
Duties will include:
- Specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation
Development of I/O lists and instrument indexes
- Designing of control systems, schematics and drawings in the process, biopharma, datacentres and building services industries
- Development of instrument datasheets from concept through procurement
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX reviews, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews
- Review & input into P&IDs
- Development of Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) when required
- Development of system architecture for new Control Systems
- Working with automation contractors in developing solutions/systems
- GAMP5 lifecycle and 21CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Establish automation and controls systems scope of work
- Site work, dealing with clients / electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings, construction and commissioning support
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works.
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
- Working with, lead and coach younger engineers and co-workers
- Adherence to quality standards and attention to detail ad accuracy
- Working with bus technology – Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet, Ethernet IP, etc. and familiarity with DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Applications are required before 17:00 hours, Monday 4th January 2021 and will be treated in strictest confidence.
e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: hr[at]calleng.ie
Tags: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control systems, I&C engineer
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.