Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking an Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer.
Position: Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
Date Posted: 17th February 2020
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime
Minimum experience required: 5 Years
Qualifications: Level 7 or Level 8 Degree preferable
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in central Dublin close to DART / Luas / Rail stations, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should be graduate engineers with a Level 7 or 8 degree in a relevant Electrical, Automation or Controls Engineering discipline.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience in a technical role, ideally in an organisation involved in delivering control system designs for the Bio-Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors.
The position will involve working on electrical, instrumentation and control systems for process, bio-pharmaceutical, Datacentre and Food industry projects in a consulting or project engineering role. Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotechnology plant, in both safe and hazardous areas, would be an advantage.
Candidates must possess good technical skills and writing ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, have the capacity to work on their own initiative and to deadlines and be able to liaise successfully with colleagues and clients. The role will require an excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written) and a keen attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects and will be representing Callaghan Engineering on several projects and sites.
Duties will include:
- S/he will preferably have prior experience in the Pharma industry and control systems exposure.
- Knowledge of Industrial control systems an advantage but not essential.
- Preparation of Instrument Specifications.
- Working on an Instrument Data Base to generate the following:
- Instrument Index
- Instrument I/O List
- Instrument Cable Schedules
- Receipt Verification Sheets
- Field Instrument Verification Sheets
- Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams
- Interconnect / Block Wiring Diagrams
- Review and input into Process and Building Services P&ID drawings.
- Engineering design for control systems – generation of specs and procedures.
- Working with clients to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Construction and Commissioning Support on projects where required.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Tags: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control systems, I&C engineer
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.