Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking an Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer for our Cork office.
Position: Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
Date Posted: 10th June 2019
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime
Minimum experience required: Graduate to 2 Years
Qualifications: Level 7 or Level 8 Degree
Callaghan Engineering (CE) is a medium sized engineering and project management consultancy, established in 1990, with offices in Cork & Dublin. CE specialise in mechanical, electrical and process engineering primarily across the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food industry and data centre spheres.
We are looking to grow our Cork office and several new positions have arisen that require immediate occupancy.
Details of Position
Candidates should be graduate engineers with a Level 7 or 8 degree in a relevant Electrical, Automation or Controls Engineering discipline.
The ideal candidate will have up to two years experience in a technical role, ideally in an organisation involved in delivering control system designs for the Bio-Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors.
The position will involve working on electrical, instrumentation and control systems for process, bio-pharmaceutical, Datacentre and Food industry projects in a consulting or project engineering role. Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotechnology plant, in both safe and hazardous areas, would be an advantage.
Candidates must possess good technical skills and writing ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, have the capacity to work on their own initiative and to deadlines and be able to liaise successfully with colleagues and clients. The role will require an excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written) and a keen attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects in the Cork area and will be representing Callaghan Engineering on several projects and sites.
Duties will include:
- Work on large projects with an experienced Engineer
- He/she will preferably have experience in the Pharma industry and control systems exposure.
- Knowledge of Industrial control systems an advantage but not necessary.
- Preparation of Instrument Specifications.
- Working on an Instrument Data Base to generate the following:
- Instrument Index
- Instrument I/O List
- Instrument Cable Schedules
- Receipt Verification Sheets
- Field Instrument Verification Sheets
- Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams
- Interconnect / Block Wiring Diagrams
- Review and input into Process and Building Services P&ID drawings.
- Engineering design for control systems – generation of specs and procedures.
- Working with clients to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Construction and Commissioning Support on projects where required.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control systems, I&C engineer
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.