Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking an Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer for our Cork office.
Position: Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
Date: 19th March 2019
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime
Minimum experience required: 5 Years
Qualifications: Diploma or Degree
Callaghan Engineering (CE) is a medium sized engineering and project management consultancy, established in 1990, with offices in Cork & Dublin. CE specialise in mechanical, electrical and process engineering primarily across the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food industry and data centre spheres.
We are looking to grow our Cork office and several new positions have arisen that require immediate occupancy.
Details of Position
Candidates should be graduate engineers, with at least 5 years’ experience working on electrical, instrumentation and control systems for process / bio-pharmaceutical / food industry plants in a consulting or project engineering role.
They should have attained a formal qualification, or have membership of a recognized society, in instrumentation and control systems.
Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotechnology plant, in both safe and hazardous areas, would be an advantage.
Candidates must possess good technical skills and writing ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the capacity to work on their own initiative and to deadlines and be able to liaise successfully with clients. The role will require an excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written) and a keen attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects in the Cork area and will be representing Callaghan Engineering on several projects and sites.
Duties will include:
- Client and contractor meetings.
- Ability to work autonomously to meet client deadlines.
- Represent CE in a professional manner.
- Undertaking site surveys / inspections.
- Report writing and front-end studies including capital cost estimates and project schedules. Maintaining cost records and schedule during the progress of projects.
- Preparation of instrument lists, data sheets and specifications.
- Designing control systems schematics and generation of control system specs.
- Assisting during construction stage of projects.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Applications are required before Monday April 1st & will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control systems, I&C engineer
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.