Callaghan Engineering is currently seeking a BIM/Revit Modeller for our Cork office.
Position: BIM/Revit Modeller
Date: 19th June 2018
Location: Cork/Some travel may be involved
Job type: Permanent full time
Key benefits: Flexitime, Time in Lieu, incentive packages
Minimum experience required: 2-3 Years
Qualifications: Diploma and/or relevant experience
Callaghan Engineering offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of industries. Situated in Cork Airport Business Park, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Details of Position
Candidates should have 2-3 years experience in modelling mechanical and electrical systems within a consulting engineering office or building contractor. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Projects and Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates should possess the skills to match the following requirements;
- Software – proficient in BIM authoring software. Revit, Navisworks, CAD 3D
- Extensive experience in design and detailing of mechanical and electrical services within Autodesk Revit.
- Required to manage federated models within Navisworks, perform clash detection analysis and produce reports for same.
- Proficient in management of Revit hosted projects, from Sample Project template setup, detailing of bespoke and generic families and systems, view and sheet setup, design and detailing, model delivery and handover.
- Extensive experience in the coordination of mechanical systems within heavily serviced buildings is essential. Coordination of design with other services, structure and architectural model etc.
- Experience in modelling of HVAC, water systems, LTHW, soils and waste, gas supply, etc. required
- Familiarity with BIM level 2 standards and deliverable requirements including COBIE, Uni-class, PAS 1192 Document naming conventions
- Familiarity and competence with Dynamo BIM would be a bonus
The ideal candidate will close match the following profile:
Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients. Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD. The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors. The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer based on relevant experience and qualifications. Applications are required before 5pm on Friday, 6th July 2018 & will be treated in strictest confidence.
To apply, e-mail a CV with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: BIM, modeling, 3D, Revit, AutoDesk, Navisworks
Callaghan Engineering is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies or consultants need apply.