Administrative Assistant -
Callaghan | RED is a leading Irish multi-discipline Engineering & Project Management Company with offices in Dublin close to DART/Luas stations and in Cork at the Airport Business Park.
Established 30 years ago, the company provides services to clients in the Industrial, Government Agency, Educational and Tourism & Leisure sectors.
During this period, it has established a blue-chip listing of clients which the company continues to serve. Multiple projects have been successfully completed in the High Technology Biopharma, Medical Devices, Process and Data Centre sectors along with significant investments in the Educational, Government Agency and Tourism & Leisure areas.
We now seek a fully experienced Administrator to be based in our Dublin office.
Provide administrative support to the Project Management Team:
- Set up for New Enquires/Project folders
- acting as main point of contact for project related tasks including compilation and formatting of specifications, reports, presentations, document printing and binding, etc
- Support project QA compliance and document filing
- Checking of project documentation and ensuring accurate filing in project folders
- Provide support to complete PQQs, and other business related documents
- Printing, compilation and binding of documents
- Assisting with the update and validation of Approved Suppliers
- Use of corporate documentation, standard letters and templates, and ability to file and record same
- Reception cover for lunchtime and holidays
- Provide support to engineering staff via the accurate filing and document management of drawings and other project related documents and maintain efficient document control systems in line with QA procedures
- Input document data into standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date
- Make sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project
- Organise, manage and file document receipts and distribution lists, project documents and drawings in conjunction with project and corporate naming and numbering procedure
- Maintain accurate registers
- Ensure team compliance with project document control and project document numbering procedures
- Check all emails (incoming/outgoing) documents –
For Incoming Documents:
- Download documents via (email/FTP/Box/SharePoint, etc)
- Save the downloaded Electronic Documents to their designated folders
- Record the incoming documents
For Outgoing Documents:
- Check the documents (revisions, Revision Clouds, versions, etc.)
- Request for preparation of Zip, PDFs, DWF to the CAD Section (if drawings)
- Prepare the Transmittal Sheet
- Issue/upload documents via (email/FTP/Box) to Front office or client
- Record the Issued drawings
- Maintain and organise hard copy documents in “blue folder” system, together with hard and soft copy filing of drawings, or other project related documents
- Scan documentation and liaise with external reprographics company
- Formatting, printing and binding of documents for issue
- Archive, retrieve and store documentation adhering to company standards and policies
- Check that all information complies with specified company formats, templates and standards
- Assist with quality checks and audits of document databases, identifying and correcting any anomalies
- Assist with the coordination of document management across the whole project including policies, protocols and practice
- Flexibility to work outside core business hours, as required, in order to meet client deadlines
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role within a corporate engineering consultancy
- Previous Document Control experience is desirable
- Experienced in all types of document filing and management (e.g. images, document minutes, specifications, etc)
- Highly proficient in the use of online document portals, biw, connect, buzzsaw or equivalents
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Pragmatic and flexible approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Hours flexibility (able to carry out overtime at short notice)
- Competent in research aspects and presenting findings
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to prepare impactful and succinct graphical information from multiple data sources
- Good understanding of business issues and eager to work in an international environment
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience / background in consulting or construction industry preferred.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
This role would suit those with the right to live & work within the EU, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org